Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Raise your torch!






One thing that baffles me, aside from the popularity of crocs, is why I haven't posted anything about the olympics yet! I've given up almost my entire social life to just couch it with my snuggie and feel like I'm a part of something global in a positive way. There's nothing like good, friendly, respectful competition to bring people from unheard of parts of the globe together. Why don't, instead of war and suffering, we settle our political disagreements with a quick curling match? Or triple axels? It's wonderful, and I love how fervently I can root for someone I've only heard of five minutes ago in a sport I've had no desire to participate in. Everybody wins.
Since karaoke isn't an Olympic sport (yet), I probably won't make it to the games, unless one of the following happens:








1.) I marry Apolo Anton Ohno. After all, our initials are all vowels.











2.) A figure skater would hire me as a coach, taking my sock\hardwood floor technique very seriously.






3.) I become a mascot...but I like to think that phase of my life is ending. Know your worth...

In all seriousness, I would love to flock to the Games someday, as a spectator, of course. I'd be thrilled. Go for the gold...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger