Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Erin and Erin

Aren't we all a little emotional when it comes to baking?...
This year, I resolved to make resolutions that would actually take me all year, not just something I'd be excited about for, say, two weeks and then be distracted by all the great tv shows coming back on.
One resolution is: to log between 750-1000 running miles!! (I know...whoa).
And because who has the time for people to look at them and say "You look like a runner," my other, more relatable and universally beneficial resolution is:
To bake every recipe in Erin Bolger's "The Happy Baker: A Girl's Guide to Emotional Baking."

It's like a Julie and Julia thing, but with Erin and Erin, another emotional baker who had untamable curly hair growing up!

Kindred Spirits in white girl afros...

I began this morning with Jumbo Banana Pancakes for 2! I'll begin by making this statement: I actually don't really like pancakes, but I do like making them! I'll follow up with this statement: I'm single.

Nope, mine sure didn't look like that.


Since the recipe was specific for 2, and because I didn't want to be depressed, I halved it and made a "just for me"portion. So here I am, sending out "just for me" vibes into the Universe for 2013, and hoping they won't return to me in the form of "loneliness, carrying your groceries all by yourself" vibes.

The ultimate challenge in flipping. You can imagine what it looked like, don't need to tell you.


The trick is the proper amount of garnish to cover up what explodes in pancake tragedy when you try to flip it. Learning curve, it's just day one.
Whatever, these pancakes were awesome. They were like a flattened out blissful piece of banana bread, much like what I'm hoping this year will be like.

Just like my actual heart: made of powdered sugar.
To do list:
-Get a really cute apron.
-Get new running shoes.
-Get you to check her out at The Happy Baker blog!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger