Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Praise for PostSecret

So I'm sure a lot of you have heard of PostSecret.com, but in case you haven't, here's the rundown: People design a postcard that reveals a secret about themselves that they've never told anyone, and they anonymously send it to this guy, Frank, who runs this website and has published collections of people's secrets for the world to see. He updates his site every Sunday with new secrets and it has now become a highlight of every Sunday in my life. Why, you ask? It's completely fascinating. EVERYONE has a secret, from affairs to suicides to moral conflict to quirky habits. It's a reminder that you, no matter how much of a freak you think you are, are not alone in your freakdom. I actually save my favorites from every week on my computer. So I want to start sharing them on my blog, just to stir your thoughts. My favorite part about visiting the site is finding the secrets that I relate to and make me say "My God, did I send that in?" Here are a few of my faves that made me ask that question:












The answer to the question is "No, I did NOT send any of these in." But I can relate to each of them.
And p.s. It's purely coincidental that two of these are about toilet paper. It's really not that prevalent in my life.l
So here's a secret of my own:
Whenever I realize an interesting quirk about myself, I design a postsecret card in my head and pretend I'm gonna send it in.

1 comment:

devo said...

i live for postsecret! for real obsessed.

Powered By Blogger